Cryptocurrency and its usage have evolved globally across different businesses. Despite many countries putting a cap over its usage, many others allow the operation to continue.
Cryptocurrency is popular with gamblers and used across numerous online casino sites. But you should be aware that cryptocurrency has a volatile presence, and every penny spent on these virtual currencies is a gamble itself. However, it has a great impact on the gambling industry and is expected to keep growing in popularity.
But you should be aware that cryptocurrency has a volatile presence, and every penny spent on these virtual currencies is a gamble itself. However, it has a great impact on the gambling industry and is expected to keep growing in popularity.
Table of Contents
Blockchain Technology is Good for Online Casinos
The blockchain keeps a valid record of all the transaction made using cryptocurrencies. The list comes in the linear order of transaction and makes wallets and personal information extremely secure from potential risks. The technology is responsible for making government agencies unable to track any of the money traded. Thus, while using crypto on gambling sites, the players have a nupper hand over hackers because the trades are extremely secure. This also applies to gambling site operators, who choose to accept cryptocurrencies.
There are two types of online casinos that accept cryptocurrency:
- Cryptocurrency Only Sites: These sites are fairly new to the industry and only accept cryptocurrencies as payment method. However, many of these sites are risky when we look at their overall reputation. You need to check with trusted reviewers before joining a new casino and handing them your money.
- Cryptocurrency and FiatMoney: These are usually existing online casinos with a good reputation that simply added cryptocurrency as a new payment method. It helps some old brands to stay relevant in this day and age. We still recommend doing your research before registering.
Types of Cryptocurrencies Accepted by Top Casinos
- Bitcoin: is perhaps the most valuable cryptocurrency in the world and has the largest number of users. With global recognition, some of the top casinos, which accept bitcoins, include the likes of Bovada, BetOnline, Slots.lv.
- Ethereum: is a newer and improved version of bitcoin. It has a safe payment assurance. This is the main reason whyBetway, Betrally, and Jackpot City casinos have included Ethereum to their list of payments.
- Litecoin: LTC is an established virtual currency over a decade of history. It is popular on sites such as Betrally, Sloto Cash, Ignition Casino, and Bovada among well-known brands.
How to Deposit using Cryptocurrency
Cryptocurrencies are stored in special wallets, which holds a digital key. Therefore, you need to register for a crypto wallet, following up with adding the funds. Make sure to do your research to find the safest wallet option that suits you. In the next step, while opting for payment on any of the previously mentioned sites, you will be prompted to transfer coins to a secure wallet address given provided by the cashier. Finally, you can use cryptocurrencies safely for both withdrawals and deposits.
Cryptocurrencies are going to play an important part in the future of payments for online gambling businesses. The public ledger promises that no money is fraudulently taken and the trade speed is a matter of seconds.